search

My Personal Transition

Bookmark this on Google Bookmarks

Some may know already, but many do not. December 5th will be my last weekend at The Church at South Las Vegas. A few months ago I felt an urging by what I can only say was the Holy Spirit. It was confirmed through a couple circumstances and I now find my journey landing me in sunny California at an incredible church called South Hills Church in Corona, CA.

This was a decision we made through a lot of prayer, uncertainty, excitement, little bit of fear of the unknown and everything else in between. It was a tough decision because I had to choose to leave a strong, vibrant church with ALL our friends for a new place and “start over” again. Every leader has to make tough decisions and I made one that I believe will benefit our family and the kingdom. I plan on putting my friend’s, Jim Wideman, transition wisdom to the test.

I can see God’s hand in this situation and I’m very excited to be part of a team who is committed to seeing the lost saved and serve other local churches. South Hills is an exciting place and I can’t wait to share with everyone the impact we will make for the kingdom.

If I could ask one thing it would be to pray for my wife, five kids and I as we make this transition. It’s happening sooner than later. Also, if you’re in the southern California area I would absolutely love to connect with you!

-PJ

banner ad

13 Responses to “My Personal Transition”

1. Jason Martin says:

Congratulations! We will continue to pray for you.

2. jonathan says:

What is it with you and the word SOUTH ?

Congrats on the transition, and I’ll be praying God’s best.

3. Lynette Roggero says:

Pastor Justin, Wow! I am excited for you and your family as you are obedient to God and going to the next assignment He has for you! I will miss the opportunity to attend Napkin Conference this coming year as I greatly enjoyed the opportunity of attending Napkin Conference under your leadership. I pray God’s blessings and anointing over you and your family as you transition! Stay in touch!

4. Wayne Stocks says:

Congratulations and kudos to you on your willingness to follow God’s call. You and your family are in my prayers.

Looking forward to hearing more about your transition here on your blog.

5. Roger Fields says:

Congratulations, Justyn, on your new position. I believe you will do great. Thanks for all you do.

6. Andrew Hansen says:

Justyn,

We’re so excited to have you come to our church! South Hills is gearing up for an amazing 2011, and we know part of that will be due to your leadership in kids ministry.

Excited to meet you soon!

7. admin says:

Thank you all. We’re excited and anticipating great things! -PJ

8. FMD says:

You know FMD thinks you guys are great.

I am pumped you are in California, I would still visit you if you were in the North Pole but California is nice!!!

Chat soon my friend

Have Fun

FMD

9. Jamie Doyle says:

Justyn,
    Congrats – be blessed!
    Jamie Doyle

10. Greg Baird says:

Just seeing this Justyn..congrats! Will be praying for you and also the Vegas church with both transitions. Get settled & then let’s connect.. San Diego is just down the road. Welcome to So Cal!

11. Joe McAlpine says:

Justyn Congrats! The McAlpines will be praying for you guys.

12. Karl Bastian says:

Last to the news, but its never to late to join in praying for you. Transitions are tough – but Exciting! The president of my college wrote in my Bible when I got to a one on one meeting with him, “Be God’s man in God’s place” and then he told me, nothing else really matters if those two things are in place. Its helped me many times to remember those words. You may need that reminder in the days ahead. If you are God’s man in God’s place, don’t sweat the rest brother!

In His Grip, Karl

13. Karl Bastian says:

Late to the news, but its never to late to join in praying for you. Transitions are tough – but Exciting! The president of my college wrote in my Bible when I go a one on one meeting with him, “Be God’s man in God’s place” and then he told me, nothing else really matters if those two things are in place. Its helped me many times to remember those words. You may need that reminder in the days ahead. If you are God’s man in God’s place, don’t sweat the rest brother!

In His Grip, Karl

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention My Personal Transition | justynsmith -- Topsy.com - [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Justyn Smith and The Kids, myNAPKINideas. myNAPKINideas said: I'm moving to SoCal: …