search

Hillsong Kids BiG Curriculum

Bookmark this on Google Bookmarks

So I ordered and implemented the new children’s curriculum from Hillsong Kids at our church. Our kids loved it! In fact, it’s the first time in a while that I’ve seen my children’s leaders and helpers really excited about ministry! The curriculum does an incredible job of mixing up multimedia with live aspects. It’s very user-friendly. Sounds kind of wierd, but one of the coolest things about it is that it features extended ministry-time music and game music. As my insurance company would say, “It’s so easy a caveman can do it.” Wait! I’m with All State, not Geico–I just wanted an excuse to say that.
I would recommend this to any ministry as it can be tailored for any ministry. We usually write our own stuff, but with quality like this being produced–I’m looking forward to more from Hillsong Kids.

banner ad

10 Responses to “Hillsong Kids BiG Curriculum”

1. Justyn, can I have your permission to quote you on our Big site?

Thanks

Dave

2. Josh says:

We are into our fourth week of the BIG curriculum and love it! Our coaches (Small group volunteers) really love the worksheets that go along with the BIG curriculum. I think we have had the best small group experience since I have been here.
    I think they told me the next series comes out late 2009.

3. Lisa Bleything says:

Can you order this in the United States or do you have to order through Hillsong website?

4. Tammy Thomison says:

Hi, I noticed that you ordered Hillsong’s curriculum. I would like to order for my church in Texas, but am having trouble finding out if there are any additional charges through customs since it is being shipped from Australia. Did you have any other charges included? How long did it take for you to get the material?

Thank you!

5. Yvette says:

So I want to use this curriculum, but I’m wondering – how are the long term benefits of the program? Do you see sustained growth in your kids that you believe are a result of the work you did with them in this curriculum? I am looking desparately for ways to teach the kids in my kid’s church about true and real worship to their Father. Not the fake, superficial stuff we see in so many churches today – even in my own church, I am sorry to say. I know the healing and growth and relatinship that can come from truely worshiping and building a relationship with the Lord and I want to be able to teach that to my kids. I have also been writing my own curriculum, and that’s fine. But I don’t have the technical skills to build the kind of media that this program offers. So I will pay for it, if it works. Does it?

• justynsmith says:

I feel like it’s a little tough responding to this question because I think any curriculum used depends on the person leading it. We used it and it fits our kids church culture perfectly. We love the videos and lessons, but what makes the lessons effective are the small group leaders who spend time going over the lesson and taking time to get into the lives of our kids.
      Long term it works for us. I wish I could promise that it will work for you too, but because we’re all different I can’t. I still recommend it to anyone I can as our kids remember the lessons/content and I feel that we do a good job at ministering to kids and helping parents do the same. :)
      -PJ

6. Lisa says:

Hi, I noticed that you ordered Hillsong’s curriculum. I would like to order for my church in california, but am having trouble finding out if there are any additional charges through customs since it is being shipped from Australia. Did you have any other charges included? How long did it take for you to get the material?

Thank you!

• Justyn says:

Lisa, No customs stuff. Super easy. Just like ordering anything from the US. Let me know if I can help you out with anything else. -PJ